2017 SA User Conference
The 2017 SA User Conference will be held in Williamsburg, Virginia on April 25-27, 2017 at the Kingsmill Resort & Conference Center.
Don't miss this unique opportunity to gain helpful hints, tips, and tricks in SpatialAnalyzer® (SA), plus visit NRK's headquarters and network with fellow SA users. Discover ways to get the very most out of your investment in SA by learning and sharing SA best practices, insights, and exciting new applications. Whether you are new to SA or a power user, you won't want to miss it.
Tuesday, April 25 - Thursday, April 27, 2017
Kingsmill Resort & Conference Center in Williamsburg, Virginia (located just around the corner from NRK's home office). Click here for the Kingsmill Resort website.
All official conference activities will take place at Kingsmill Resort except for the Open House at NRK's home office on Tuesday, April 25.
Attending the conference will help expand your skills in metrology and SpatialAnalyzer, plus give you the opportunity to ask questions and share your feedback.
Breakout sessions and training workshops with SA experts will teach you more of what's possible with SA and give you an in-depth look at the latest updates and enhancements in SA. Hear about innovative new applications from other SA users from a variety of industries and have the chance to share your own SA story. Throughout the conference, you'll have a chance to expand your network and get to know other dedicated SA users, the entire NRK team, and representatives from a variety of instrument manufacturers.
You'll also have the opportunity to visit NRK's home offices and lab during the extended Open House on Tuesday, April 25. The Open House is a great opportunity for attendees to get one-on-one time with NRK's AEs as well as representatives from all of our equipment manufacturers.
Need help convincing your employer to let you attend? Click here for a sample justification letter.
Tuesday, April 25
- 10:00 am – 4:00 pm: Extended Open House at NRK Headquarters
- 5:00 pm – 7:30 pm: Welcome/Ice Breaker Reception at James Landing Grille at Kingsmill Resort
Wednesday, April 26
- 8:00 am – 9:00 am: Continental Breakfast at Kingsmill Resort
- 9:00 am – 9:45 am: Welcome & Opening Remarks
- 10:00 am – 12:00 pm: Customer Application Presentations
- 12:00 pm – 1:15 pm: Lunch
- 1:15 pm – 5:00 pm: Targeted Afternoon Breakout Sessions
- 5:30 pm – 9:00 pm: Dinner & Entertainment
Thursday, April 27
- 8:00 am – 8:30 am: Continental Breakfast at Kingsmill Resort
- 8:30 am – 1:15 pm: Targeted Morning Breakout Sessions
- 1:15 pm – 2:30 pm: Lunch
- 2:30 pm – 3:30 pm: Customer Feedback Session & Open Forum
Breakout Session Topics
Breakout session topics will include the following. Please note that all attendees will have the opportunity to attend all breakout sessions.
- Extended Open House at NRK Headquarters: Visit NRK's labs for one-on-one time with our AE’s and hardware partners, plus a robotics workshop.
- Re-Introduction to SA: A review of all that has been enhanced, upgraded, and changed in SA over the past two years.
- Using the Ultimate of SA: An overview of the capabilities in SA Ultimate including USMN, Real-Time Alignment, Advanced Fit Optimization, and more.
- GD&T: An introduction to GD&T inspection in SA whether you have a CAD model or not. This session will review the newest features from SA's current version and move into advanced operation examples.
- Pipe Fitting & Relationship Fitting: This session will teach you how to use the embedded Pipe Fitting feature as well as Relationship Fitting to determine the minimum amount of rework needed to make a failing part a passing part.
- SA Toolkit: In this session, you will learn how to create inspection plans from start to finish. Dimensions, alignments, features, created features, nominal data, etc. can all be defined prior and deployed to the inspector for consistent part inspection. If you are not using Geometry Relationships and the SA Toolkit, you are missing out on some of the most powerful tools in SA.
- Reporting in SA: A report is often the final product from an inspection process and learning to use SA's tools to efficiently report your results is essential. In this session, you will learn how to customize reports with improvements to Callouts, Dimensions, and image capture tools as well as dynamic reporting and customization.
Click here to register for the conference.
Conference registration is $50/person.* Your registation fee covers the following:
- Conference registration welcome packet
- Course materials
- All general sessions, workshops, and breakout sessions
- Open house at NRK on Tuesday, April 25
- Welcome Reception/Icebreaker on Tuesday evening, April 25
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner on Wednesday, April 26
- Breakfast and lunch on Thursday, April 27
*Please note: Your conference fee does not cover lodging, transportation to and from Kingsmill Resort, or any other travel expenses you may incur.
Guest tickets are available for $50/guest for attendees who wish to bring a spouse, significant other, or family member to the conference. Guest tickets grant access to the Tuesday evening Welcome Reception/Icebreaker and the Wednesday evening dinner. Click here for conference registration.
NRK has a block of rooms reserved at Kingsmill Resort for conference attendees. A discounted room rate of $104/night is available to conference attendees for the nights of Tuesday, April 25 and Wednesday, April 26. We strongly encourage conference attendees to take advantage of the discounted rate and book their lodging at Kingsmill Resort as soon as possible.
To make a room reservation, call the Kingsmill Resort Reservation Department at 757-253-1703 or 1-800-832-5665. When making your reservation, you must state your affiliation with New River Kinematics in order to take advantage of the discounted rate.
Traveling to Williamsburg, VA
NRK Headquarters & Kingsmill Resort are easily accessible from the following international airports:
Newport News/Williamsburg International Airport (PHF) - 15 miles from NRK
Norfolk International Airport (ORF) - 40 miles from NRK
Richmond International Airport (RIC) - 50 miles from NRK
Click here for more information about NRK's facility.
Things to do in Williamsburg, VA
Extend your trip and see what beautiful Williamsburg and the surrounding area has to offer. Click here for a list of activities and attractions.
Call for Presenters!
Are you interested in presenting your SA application at the 2017 SA User Conference? Email your abstract to Jessica Ruff at email@example.com.
Have additional questions? Click here for conference FAQs.
Please contact Jessica Ruff at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance regarding the 2017 SA User Conference.